Wednesday, February 08, 2006

standup bass


I have no idea why I had trouble uploading photos in the beginning. Every time i tried to upload, i was taken to a page that wanted me to download Hello, which won't work on the mac. So i spent time finding ways to post fotos here without using Hello. But then, just the other day, here was this normal interface that let me upload fotos and post them in my blog entries. Whatever.

Here is a photo of mine. normally i love it but i'm not at my own computer and the colors don't look right. Anyway, people always want to turn this pic in a different direction because it's hard to tell what's going on. This fellow is playing the stand up bass while laying down, with the bass on his belly! I'm squatting near his head looking down the length of his body and the standup base. In the print version the rich colors and textures of the wood and his hands, contrasted with the black hat and the light greenand yellow background make for a nice abstract. If I could do it again, i'd like a little more light on his face.

No comments: