Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I love not depending on windoz

As I mentioned in an earlier post I don't like having to use windoz to do things. I have to use my husband's machine and, well, I'm just plain partial to my Mac (i love my mac! i love my mac! i love my mac!). So i was frustrated trying to post pictures here at blogger. Now i'm sure there are many ways around this but, as i understand it, to upload photos i have to use Hello, which is part of Picasa. these are all free programs that run on windows machines only. I had been testing Picasa and how it works with Hello and Blogger when i started this blog. So of course I was on my husband's machine. But I don't want to be there all the time, and my pictures are not on his machine so... to upload from there I have to move the pictures first, which is not that bad because i've networked the machines, but then i end up with extra copies all over. ugh. so I found a way around it. I have a silly blog at Xanga, just so i can make comment's on my daughter's Xanga site. But at Xanga, it's easy to upload photos, so I uploaded the photos seen below and simply copied and pasted it's link in a little html, dropped it into the blog editor and ta da! the photo shows up right smack in the middle of the post. Hurray for me!

Who wants to see my silly blog? OK here's the link. http://www.xanga.com/kaylarus

No comments: