Friday, September 29, 2006

blumethal silk

I've been testing the blumenthal silk on my Epson 2400 all morning. the only paper profile that comes close to looking good on the silk is the "velvet fine art" setting. I'm on a roll getting the color as i want it and conquering the ins and outs of the back manual feed thing. (i couldn't get to "velvet fine art" without it. )

I just hit the wall tho -- the last print was off and i'm too tired to figure out where to go next.

I wanted to mention that i think it's really interesting that when i print out the tests the colors shift but not the blacks and whites and grays. I use a color test strip that has a section of blocks of B&W from white to black 22 steps, and a ranbow of color, plus little pieces of chalenging art of mine.

when i print it out no color is introduced into the B&W blocks. so if i try to fix a color shift globally i begin to introduce a color shift into the grays! so i think that leaves fixing it with selective color only.

No comments: