Friday, September 29, 2006

tea dyed fabric

i just made two of my very own tea dyed fabrics. very cool. one is for my dolls that go in the cloth book the other is some lace i'd cut from a curtain that was way too white to be attractive.

the lace i dyed in plain old tea which came out a mellow tan. the cotton i added a bit of chai tea which made it much pinker.

yesterday i finished deconstructing the canvas closet organizer and started the cloth book with the main portion - sewing some batting onto one side, stitching where the page breaks will be. I'm making it a concertina (continuous zigzag) but floppy, in the style of a baby book i saw once. I started working on an image from when i was recovering. my mom took it while i was taking pictures at muir woods.

I like the symbolism, but it's too small not enough info so yesterday's photoshopping goes in the trash. I have others.

No comments: