Friday, September 29, 2006

colortextiles and light

my Colortextiles samples came and i really like the crepe de chene "14" for the window project. it's got the right amount of variation in the thread and seems to throw more light. I think I'll use the blumenthal for cloth books cuz it seems stronger.
As i was falling asleep last night i saw one side of the window with silk and the other with a gel transfer.

humm... i wonder how that would really look.

I signed on to the fabric group at yahoo groups and i'm reading through old posts.

I'm going to move my studio into the living room and the living room into this room, which is the dining room. I will get alot of resistance but i'm in this house all day and they are here for a few hours everyday. Morey's "study" (my son's bedroom when he's not in college) is bright and sunny (when there is sun in this fog belt) and it has access to the deck. my daughter's room is twice the size of our bedroom and she pretty much has exclusive use of the family room, which is the same size.

The dining room where my studio is has no natural light. it's window looks out to the front stoop which has a roof and a gate. the stoop has a sunroof but it doesn't let much light through.

can you tell i'm shoring myself up?

No comments: