Friday, September 29, 2006

doll faces

I'm making a fabric book that has little rag dolls in it. their fasces are photos printed out on the silk.

I'm using some the baby pictures i had scanned in. They are some old black and whites that i then made look as tho they were hand colored using Photoshop.

I remembered my previous efforts at actually hand painting a print and i knew i needed that undo button on the computer!

I used a painting layer. i then blended the layer using "color" or "soft light" blending mode for the layer. One got complicated around the eyes and i ended up having three layers, one with just the eyes repeating, blended with "soft light."

of course i spent way too much time fixing up the old photos. I'm also using images of grown up shots that are mostly old IDs i scanned in. one was a NY driver's license which puts a moiré pattern over your face. many of the lines for the face are lighter than the moire pattern cuz it was over exposed. But it's the fading away that i liked about it, so i actually spent time erasing these lines so you could make out the face!

No comments: