Sunday, May 06, 2007

other projects

in addition to getting my art shown i've been working on several projects. one is the %th annual altered barbie show at Market Street and Red Ink Galleries opening July 29th 2007. I'm working as an intern for ChatterBox Gallery which is Julie Andersen's baby. I get to see the inside view or producing and curating a show. So far i've worked on the call to artists, cleaning up and stylizing the pdf file and making a webpage (the beta is linked above). I also went to a meeting with SCRAP, a art and education recycling/ reuse kind of place. It looks like the will be helping out with workshops and providing materials t artists.
I'm also very involved at Frank Bette Center for the Arts in Alameda. I'm working as their membership coordinator and put in hours gallery sitting. once again i'm seeing the art world from the inside of administration etc. I'm updating the data base, wring letters to members and working on additional forms of communication. so much to learn and it feels good, though hectic, to stretch myself.

No comments: