Tuesday, November 21, 2006

fort funston


at the south end of Ocean Beach in San Francisco is some beautiful dunes that rise suddenly out of the beach. at the top a fort was once built and garrisons were dug in and we were safe all during WWII. of course the army sort of tore the place up, but it's been turned into a park and many areas are being restore - with native plants and protecting nesting birds. I love to walk up from the beach, winding through the dunes and turn around and go back before it get crowed with dog walkers and deserted army structures. This is where i've been taking pictures on my morning walks.

2 comments:

Linda Fazzary said...

I've been there! The plants along the rocks and pools are amazing especially since I came from New York state. I like your art work and that you are working large with the transfers. I would eventually like to work larger also...

daydreamer said...

Happy Thanksgiving Grinza! thanks for your comment and complements! I'm glad you like my art and transfers. the think about working large is that it's alot of work. If i'm doing one from paper, like the one i posted, i get tiered rubbing all the paper off. if it's from an overhead transparency i have to do so much prep work so that the acrylic gel does not dry at the beginning before i get to the end. But i really like making full sized art, not just greeting cards.