Thursday, October 12, 2006

i really do love my Mac but this is absurd

I'm in the middle of so many things at once. like a mailing list! OMG! I have an old list made with Apple Works, a Mac program and a new list made Address Book, another Mac Program.

Can get either to import the data from the other! Of course Not! Can I get either program to export something the other can read? of course not! Just because they are both basically data bases made on a a Mac. don't be ridiculous!

So far i'm just printing out labels from the 2 programs. i also added all the names from the hall of flowers show.

i went to add the names of families who's kids go to SOTA where my daughter goes. but i got overwhelmed - the mailing list is over 43 pages long and in PDF so it won't simply import.

and i really don't want to send out that many!

So i said - ok , just the Theatre students. (my daughter's in Theatre.)

it was still too much, so i'm only 1/3 through the copy and paste. Maybe i'll limit it to kids in her class ...

the Sunset group has a really nice brochure. I'm sending these out to announce the Open Studio. I have such a gold mine in the list of people from SOTA that i think i'll either buy more of the brochures or make a post card of my own. I like the brochure cuz it looks professional and makes it seem like a nice sized event. but the image for my piece is small. they all are cuz that's the way it is with several artists and ads and all that.

I printed labels but could not figure how to do the return labels with the program i had so I downloaded this thing from Avery. what a disaster. i got it done, but it really should automatically repeat the one address. I was probably not paying attention. I also printed out a little blurb about my new work to stick inside. i wish i'd has some nice paper to print it on. But all my good stuff is too heavy.

No comments: